Friday, November 4, 2011

Why I prefer chickens to cats or dogs

Don't get me wrong, I like dogs and cats, I've had many in my life, but with backyard chickens I've found my niche. My girlfriend refers to me as "The Chicken Whisperer" since I seem to find a bond with each of our hens.

The hens each have different personalities and that's what makes it fun. Imagine having 6 dogs or cats. 6 chickens are pretty easy to take care of, and they lay nice healthy eggs. Fill their feed and water 1-2 times a week, scoop out the poo once a week and your done. Checking for eggs every day is an anticipation, it's great when you go out and see four eggs in the nest boxes. Can you say FREE breakfast!? Haha

We have two coops (but could get away with the one bigger one), and a small garden every year, the chickens keep the bugs down and provide many hours of enjoyment. No litter boxes to clean no "giant landmines" to step in... our little chicken kingdom is a relaxing place. We love our flock of "Fuzzy Butts" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment