Monday, July 16, 2012

The future looks...?

As we move through 2012 I look at my own life and feel pretty fortunate. Things are going well and I'm fairly happy with my life in general. When I look at our country and the world however, I find that for the first time in my life I look ahead and have serious doubts about whether we as a nation, as a people, and the world on the whole will be a better place ten years from now.

Our political system is broken to the point where it seems hard to even imagine it getting better, our economy and our educational system and is on the decline, the global economy is a mess, the "Entitled" generation is coming into a workforce that cannot find enough new jobs... I could go on, but you get the picture.

All this would seem bad enough if not added to by the fact that we just don't seem to "respect" each other as a society any longer. We seem to try to make everyone "happy" or be "P.C." at the expense of common sense.

So is it really that hard to imagine that for the first time in my life I look to the future with a sense of sadness, and wonder if the world will be a better place in ten, twenty or more years than it is now, or if we are headed towards even harder times. I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.... Realistically, the future doesn't look all that bright right now.

Time Will Tell... In the meantime, I'm thankful for what I have. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment