Friday, February 10, 2012

New Job, Same Company, Writing a Little and Reading a Lot

Ever had to give something one last shot before you called it quits and moved on?

That's where I'm at with a new position and location for the company I work for.  Three years in and I was about to go in a different direction, when an interesting opportunity presented itself in a manner that I least expected. The job fits most of my criteria for the type of position I wanted to find to stay in the company, but also comes with high expectations and will require me to expend a lot of energy to be successful. I'm going to battle hard and give it everything I can, if this doesn't pan out, then I know what I'm doing next.  I just felt like I needed to give it one more try in the right situation.

I've also been reading a lot, and enjoying Vaughn Heppner's "Invasion Alaska" and I just started Michael G. Thomas's "Black Legion" which are both great reads by talented authors.

I've managed to put a little time into two of the three stories I've been working on, but find myself jumping back and forth between them due to time and motivation/creative issues. One story draws heavily on one of the darkest times in my life and will be a powerful read when finished, but it seems I can only write it in small doses. The ultimate story idea came from a song by one of my favorite bands "Cold Driven".

I must also confess that my GF and I have got the "Star Wars The Old Republic" bug and have spent a good amount of time in the evenings playing that game. A new friend wrote me and told me they were interested in SWTOR, but thought that it would negatively affect their other priorities... they are right in that assesment! ;-)

So as we draw closer to Spring, I want to remind everyone to remember to take time-out to stop, look around, take it all in, and realize that there is still a lot to be thankful for. It's the journey, not the destination.

Best Wishes To Friends, Family and Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment