Saturday, February 25, 2012

How to relax from being a computer technician... fix your own computer!

It's true... after working for 11 days straight, I finally got two days off and decided to replace the motherboard in my desktop that runs Windows XP. I need XP to run an older racing simulator that I love, so I spent a leisure morning getting the machine back up and running with a fresh Windows XP install.

During the few lunches etc. I've had at work, I've been reading through Black Legion by Michael Thomas (think ancient Greece in space) and taking down ideas for one of my own stories characters.  I'm still not sure where this new position will lead me, or if it will be a short to mid term solution, but at least the money is good for now!

In my next life I wanna' be a writer! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment