Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cerebral Warrior...Defined

As I move through life I find that I'm forced to deal with changes. Changes to the world we live in, changes to my body, changes in the way I view things, feel about things and of course my mortality. How short life can be in all its phases.  Perhaps one of the greatest ironies is that at the height of our knowledge and wisdom, we are the least capable "physically" of putting it all together to accomplish things. Each year, each decade that passes in my life I've become more "cerebral", more of a thinker, reflecting on my past and looking ahead to the future. I find more happiness within, and in all the small things everyday that as a younger person you often overlook. Time has been both good and bad to me in the physical realm... I'm still active and enjoy cycling and jogging, but heredity, time in the Marines and a few sports injuries and accidents have left me with a back that is passable some days and severely restrictive on others.  Thus, I find myself ever more a thinker, a reader, an observer who marks the mental notes of life and finds the joy in small moments with my girlfriend, my tiny flock of chickens, the warm breeze of a sunny NorCal day in early winter or the taste of a good cup of coffee or wine.

There are many more battles to be fought, wars to be won and victories to savor. Some are in the physical form and some are of the Cerebral kind.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment